A SEM Manager is responsible for developing solutions to meet clients’ brand objectives based on consumer insight and data. Spotting trends and technologies that play roles in consumer’s lives, as well as familiarity with SEO strategies are beneficial skills to have in this position.
The SEM Manager will also help cross-functional teams develop and evolve ideas to bring together brand goals, retailer objectives and consumer needs. Cross departmental collaboration is required to effectively develop strategies and manage stakeholder expectations.
Creating diverse SEM strategies is the primary function of this role which spans across a wide spectrum of industries and requires proficiency in various PPC tactics and campaign types.
You might be a good fit for our SEM Manager position if you have:
- BA/BS in Marketing, Analytics or closely related field
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
- HubSpot Certification a plus
Industry/Product Knowledge Required:
- Finance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Professional Services industries a plus
- Strong writing experience
- Ability to multi-task and work under the constraints of deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding in social media paid search with demonstrated success
- Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
- Strong data analytics and problem solving skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
- Working knowledge of SEM best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies, and passion to stay abreast of news and trends in SEM and online marketing
- Experience working cross-functionally with other teams.
- Ability to create and segment campaigns to fit the customer specific needs.
- Strong interest in emerging digital technologies and digital marketing strategy.
- 5+ years of professional experience marketing or communications, preferably working with or within an SEM organization.
- Experience with SEM and Social Media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, SEM Rush, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Google Analytics, etc.
- Experience with bid management tools (e.g., Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, Search Ignite).
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
As our SEM Manager your responsibilities would include:
- Create, implement, track, analyze and optimize Paid Search campaigns in Google AdWords, Bing Search, Social Media and other search engines
- Audit existing client accounts to identify areas of opportunity and to create a clear plan of action
- Plan and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, display network, and other facets of paid search in accordance with company goals
- Utilize successful bidding strategies and effective keyword management on pay-per-click search engines to hit target acquisitions, volume goals, and efficiency metrics (CPA, CPL)
- Utilize data and research, including vendor support, to establish an accurate spend amount for each identified SEM channel.
- Actively test and analyze keywords, ad copy, creatives and landing pages to increase ROI and drive incremental volume
- Manage other Google products such as Display, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, YouTube to drive growth and meet KPI goals
- Communicate key metrics, goal attainment and optimization opportunities to key stakeholders and clients
- Aggressively drive strategic direction on all aspects of managed accounts, including quarterly testing roadmaps, planning initiatives and business opportunity identification and implementation
- Provide detailed analysis of key metrics and program tracking techniques to increase overall search performance efficiency
- Ability for in-depth understanding of key industry metrics and the ability to recognize how they might impact the business (CPC, CTR, CPA, ROAS, Quality Score)
We firmly believe that relationships are key to our success. Certain attitudes define how we work and are important in what we seek for our culture. The five values of our agency set the standard for how we work.